- This event has passed.
Financial Triage During Challenging Times – Part I: Assess the Situation
May 27, 2020, 2:00 pm EDT - 3:30 pm EDT
The first stage of Financial Triage is to fully assess your client’s financial situation. Asking key questions to gather the necessary information will give you a better advantage when working with your client in determining the next steps to lead to the end goal of financial stability.
How bad is their current situation? Do they have savings in place? Has their income been effected? Do they have access to credit? Do they have the ability to cut down on certain expenses? What are the possible future financial implications, and will their finances be largely effected from this pandemic?
This webinar will help housing counselors assess their client’s financials and help their clients to effectively budget through a crisis. Learn additional strategies to assist your client with potential solutions to help them navigate through this difficult time.
- Assess your client’s financial situation with the end goal in mind
- Coach your clients and lead with compassion
- Identify short & long term goals
- Run and review credit reports to protect your client’s credit
- Avoid financial pitfalls
- Teach your clients how to budget through a crisis