The National Community Reinvestment Coalition’s National Training Academy offers substantive state-of-the-art training and technical assistance both on-site and online via webinars. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive training program that meets the needs of organizations committed to increasing access to credit in communities. We do so by increasing the knowledge and skills of organizations seeking to expand their services.
Our extensive curriculum ranges from courses on The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), fair lending laws, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Homeownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA), the newest in mortgage loans, challenges to unfair lending policies, and effective coalition building. NCRC’s seeks to “train the trainers” and expand the availability and reach of information on current developments in community reinvestment.
The National Training Academy educates and empowers communities in the following ways:
- Provides a comprehensive training program that meets the needs of organizations working to increase access to credit in communities
- Helps to build community capacity to give underserved groups more opportunities and fair access to housing, credit, and financial services;
- Increases the level of knowledge and skills of organizations seeking to expand their services; and
- Assists in building collaborations between community organizations, government agencies, faith-based organizations and financial institutions.
To see the NCRC Training Academy portal, please visit here. Members can attend Training Academy trainings free of charge.
The NCRC Training Academy provides a convenient, spacious and comfortable setting for a variety of functions including workshops, meetings, and seminars. In addition, the NCRC Training Academy conducts substantive trainings on a variety of topics at NCRC’s annual conference and at regional and local conferences and events. Community leaders and experts from finance, academia, and government share their in-depth knowledge with NCRC members and other groups. Community-based organizations are encouraged to propose and participate in the planning of conferences and training events in their regions. NCRC Training Academy staff members take their mission to heart and are truly dedicated to providing you and your organization the best training and support. Everything that we do is focused on creating the best possible learning environment for you.
NCRC has developed a thorough course of study for individuals and organizations interested in learning more about topics in several core areas. Specific courses vary based on interest and availability. Core areas include:
- Regulatory and Legislative Compliance for Financial Institutions: Ensures that the policies and practices of financial institutions are fair and equitable. Examines what tools are used to measure compliance.
- Collaboration and Partnership Building: Explains effective collaborations for change using diverse stakeholders.
- Fair Lending: Includes description and enforcement tactics.
- Community Empowerment: Provides tools, techniques and tactics for grassroots organizations.
- Homeownership: Describes meaning and responsibilities.
- Communication/Marketing: Develops effective messages for key social change efforts.
- Data collection and analysis: Provides powerful tools and techniques