On July 30, 2008, in response to the nationwide foreclosure crisis, President Bush signed The Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 (Public Law 110-289)which appropriates $180 million to NeighborWorks America counselors, and expenses associated with administering the NFMC program. This Funding Announcement outlines programmatic guidelines for the Foreclosure Counseling portion of this appropriation only. NCRC is seeking affiliates nationally that are dedicated housing counseling agencies to provide expanded foreclosure prevention counseling to delinquent borrowers throughout the United States.
Funding level: $25,000 to $100,000
Duration: January 1, 2009-December 31, 2009 (1-year duration)
Application Deadline: September 15, 2008 by 7:59pm(est)
Foreclosure Prevention grants will be based on the following criteria: Organizational capacity, Community need (target areas), and amount of available funding
Additional Application requirements:
- Affiliate Certification Document Please complete and sign this document and fax it to Shawna Nelms at 202-628-9800 or 202-628-9802 as soon as possible. Applications will not be considered without this document.
- Affiliate Application This is the application to be completed by agencies with foreclosure intervention counseling experience.
- Counseling Goals Template. Use this form to input your foreclosure counseling data – cases done last year, # of cases you will do this year w/o funding, # of cases you will do this year with funding, etc.
- Match Waiver Smaller Than County See application for explanation.
- Guidance In-Kind Description of appropriate in-kind matches.
- FAQs. Updated responses to frequently asked questions. Includes descriptions for Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 counseling.
- Capacity Building Application. This application is for agencies with no previous foreclosure counseling experience. This is the only document these agencies must complete.
Attached are a list of the Areas of Greatest Need and the Application Guide. Please note the Application Guide is designed to help the Intermediary to complete an online application. However, it may provide additional information as an applicant about a question that can be useful to you.