Did you know that your ZIP Code is the greatest predictor of how long you are expected to live? Not your blood pressure, not your cholesterol levels, not your genetics. Yes, your ZIP Code.
One’s ZIP Code has been shown to have a greater impact on health and well-being than one’s genetic code, affecting your access to education, transportation, and wealth. How is this possible? This documentary asked this question of the nation’s leading experts and got answers.
Join The Fair Housing Center for a special virtual screening of this new documentary, followed by a panel discussion to further explore how our life outcomes are shaped by where we live.
Link will be provided prior to event.
Documentary features insight from leading experts including:
- Richard Rothstein, author of The Color of Law; Sherrod Brown, United States Senator;
- Stella Adams, Civil Rights Specialist;
- Tiffany Manuel, Ph.D., Social Scientist;
- Steve Dane, Dane Law LLC;
- Sherrill Frost-Brown, National Fair Housing Alliance;
- Jason Richardson, National Community Reinvestment Coalition;
- Davon Russell, Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation;
- Marie Flannery, The Fair Housing Center, Toledo;
- Kendra N. Smith, Bon Secours Mercy Health;
- Kate Sommerfeld, ProMedica.