Two Great Things that Go Great Together
National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) and Building Alabama Reinvestment (BAR) members are eligible for two memberships for one low price. Become a member of both organizations and enhance your knowledge and power to create and support sustainable solutions for economic justice in your neighborhood and across the country.
Together, we can work toward
a #Just Economy for all
The National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) is a network of local and national nonprofits, government, educational institutions and individuals fighting together for a just economy. We work with community leaders, policymakers and financial institutions to champion fairness and end discrimination in lending, housing and business.
Building Alabama Reinvestment (BAR) fosters dialogue and partnerships between community and economic development organizations in Alabama and financial services providers. BAR works with community leaders, policymakers, and financial institutions to champion fairness in banking, housing, and business. BAR seeks to support, create and implement long-term solutions, which include providing tools and resources to build the community and individual economic well-being.
NCRC Membership Benefits
- National and regional research and trend analysis on issues such as redlining, gentrification and displacement, housing affordability, minority entrepreneurship and more.
- Monthly Legislative-Regulatory calls to stay informed of and take action on key policy issues that impact our members’ work.
- Participate in meetings on Capitol Hill to discuss issues in your city/state.
- Training and technical assistance to help your organization build capacity and advocate for a more inclusive economy in your city.
- Tools, talking points and working groups designed to organize and empower our members to be effective advocates for change.
- Opportunities to collaborate with NCRC and other community leaders to negotiate strong local commitments from financial institutions.
Discounted BAR Membership:
Members of NCRC receive free BAR membership.
BAR Membership Benefits
- BAR focuses on the advancement of the mission of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) in Alabama, with emphasis on encouraging the reinvestment of resources into communities to create sustainability, and promote economic justice, fair lending and small business development throughout the state.
- BAR has sent hundreds of Alabama delegates from member organizations to the Just Economy Conference in Washington, D.C.
- BAR has hosted 10 annual conferences.
- BAR seeks to offer nonprofit organizations the necessary tools to increase LMI community reinvestment activity by providing capacity building training and technical assistance programs.
- Through a collaboration with the NCRC, BAR offers the following training: Leadership Strategies for Non-Profits Managers and Directors, Financial Management for Successful Audits, Building Local Coalitions to Advance Missions, Database Management, and so much more.
- BAR runs Building Alabama Reinvestment Community Council (BARCC), which provides a forum for collaboration of nonprofits and financial institutions to successfully engage and work toward common goals.
- Opportunities to collaborate with community leaders from Alabama to negotiate strong local commitments from financial institutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Joint membership provides an opportunity for organizations from Alabama to join NCRC at the regular rates and then become a member of BAR at no additional charge.
Members will maintain separate memberships with each organization and have access to the benefits, resources and networks both BAR and NCRC provide.
Membership in BAR is open to all Alabama-based organizations which are current members of NCRC.
Non-profit organizations, state or local government departments and agencies, and educational institutions can join NCRC as organizational members.
If you are not yet a member of NCRC, join NCRC online. Pricing is based on your organization type and size.
If you are already a member of NCRC, join BAR by emailing Marketa Simone Dickerson at email@example.com . Once your NCRC membership is confirmed, you will join BAR without an additional charge.