- This event has passed.
Aspen Institute: Building Housing Security During COVID-19 and Beyond
January 12, 1:00 pm EST - 2:30 pm EST
Housing leaders across the country have the tools and knowledge necessary to expand access to stable, safe, affordable housing in their communities. Everyone has a role to play, and the Aspen Institute Financial Security Program has compiled, for the first time, a guidebook of solutions for all housing stakeholders, from policymakers and community residents to business leaders, financial institutions, and philanthropy – prioritizing examples that have worked from communities around the country.
Join the Aspen Institute on January 12th, 2021 at 1 p.m. EST for a presentation of the solutions and a discussion of what we do next.
Attendees will benefit from the discussion which features:
- The macro-economic trends and policy environment which have resulted in widespread housing unaffordability in communities across America
- The role that investing in housing and equitable housing policies can play in economic recovery – locally and nationally
- The elements of successful multi-sector housing reform initiatives, as evidenced by models around the country
Those who register will receive a link to the forthcoming paper “Strong Foundations: Housing Security Solutions Framework,” which compiles solutions from around the country and helps leaders prioritize which housing problems to address and identify the solutions that can solve them and ensure that people’s housing provides the foundation of their financial well-being. Financial security starts with affordable, stable housing.
- Lucy Arellano Baglieri, Chief Strategy Officer, Low Income Investment Fund (LIIF)
- Andy Berke, Mayor, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Jerusalem Demsas, Politics and Policy Fellow, Vox
- Katherine Lucas McKay, Senior Program Manager, Expanding Prosperity Impact Collaborative, Aspen Institute Financial Security Program
- Ida Rademacher, Vice President, Aspen Institute, Executive Director, Aspen Institute Financial Security Program
- Tim Shaw, Senior Policy Manager, Aspen Institute Financial Security Program
- Daryl Shore, VP, Inclusive Solutions, Prudential Financial, Inc. Inclusive Communities