- This event has passed.
Disaster Program Management – Designing, Implementing, and Managing
September 30, 2020, 10:00 am EDT - October 2, 2020, 3:00 pm EDT
Even when working through the current impact of COVID-19, agencies still must be prepared to respond rapidly and serve survivors should another disaster strike.
How does my organization develop plans to prepare for a disaster and mitigate loss? How will my agency deliver existing services, add disaster-related resources and engage with the community after a disaster strikes? How do we build partnerships with other community stakeholders before, during and after a disaster?
These questions, among many others, will be addressed in this disaster response training. We will assist housing counseling agencies in developing plans to mitigate loss, be a trusted community resource and assist individuals impacted by disaster. This training will also provide a step-by-step guide on how to create disaster response action plans that are responsive to your location and unique needs of your community.
You will learn:
- Discuss the activities that a HUD approved housing counseling agency can deliver under a Housing Counseling Agency Disaster Program.
- Identify potential barriers that occur post disaster and create processes to overcome them.
- Learn how to deliver one-on-one counseling, group education, foreclosure prevention and other customized services, in the event your agency has suffered negative disaster impact.
- Create a system to access local, state or federal disaster funding.
- Learn the delivery model for CDBG-DR funds.
- Review and explain all of HUD’s Housing Counseling Disaster Recovery toolkits.
- Learn insurance claims processing and the connection between consumer insurance reimbursement and access to disaster funding.