- This event has passed.
Recorded: BIPOC, Money, and Mental Health – Part III: Impact of Truama
August 12, 2020, 8:00 am EDT - September 1, 2020, 5:00 pm EDT
An estimated 70% of adults have experienced at least one traumatic event in their life. The impact of trauma is far reaching and can impact every area in life. Without an understanding of how clients’ perceptions, decisions, and emotions are formed by traumatic experiences, practitioners can unintentionally do more harm than good in their work.
This webinar will address the trauma faced by clients due to lack of resources, racial disparities in housing and poverty mindsets created by generational trauma. You will also gain clarity in your role and responsibilities when serving individuals with a history of trauma and understand the cultural and mindset shifts that are necessary to create a Trauma Informed Care organization.
You will learn:
- How trauma impacts wealth and mental health.
- Types and causes of trauma experienced by clients.
- How trauma impacts a person’s money mindset.
- Strategies to create systemic and organizational change to better serve client systems.
- The challenges faced by practitioners who work with trauma.