- This event has passed.
Rethinking Fintech and Housing Counseling to Close the Racial Wealth Gap
March 24, 2:00 pm EDT - 3:00 pm EDT
Join NCRC’s Director of Racial Economic Equity Joshua Devine and other leading voices from the housing sector and beyond on March 24 for a webinar featuring Breakthrough Challenge grantee Center for NYC Neighborhoods and their winning idea, Underwriting for Good.
Together in dialogue, we’ll delve into the research, policies and practices that inform and drive each of these six innovations in their respective communities and nationwide.
The third in our six-part Housing Innovations series, this webinar will feature Breakthrough Challenge grantee Center for NYC Neighborhoods and their winning idea, Underwriting for Good. (https://housingbreakthrough.org/grantees/center-nyc-neighborhoods)
Homeownership has an important role to play in decreasing the racial wealth gap. Panelists in this webinar will identify and discuss efforts to dismantle inequities in the current underwriting system, and explore how Underwriting for Good, the winning breakthrough idea under development by the Center, is among a growing number of innovations seeking to create equity and access. As we pull back the curtain on how to disrupt existing barriers to homeownership, we will learn how Underwriting for Good will play a role in creating an equitable path forward by reimagining technology and institutions.
• Joshua Devine, Director of Racial Economic Equity, National Community Reinvestment Coalition
• Joseph Sant, Deputy General Counsel, Center for NYC Neighborhoods
• Chi Chi Wu, Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
• Joe Weisbord (moderator), JRW Strategies and Center for NYC Neighborhoods Board Member
• Rod McGinniss, Homeownership Preservation Foundation, GreenPath Financial Wellness