Student Loans: Challenges and Changes
August 10, 2:00 pm EDT - 3:30 pm EDT
Every housing counselor knows at least one customer who has been impacted by student loans. The consumers we serve are either struggling to make unaffordable payments, or that student loan debt is canceled after years of attempting to have them forgiven (and being told ‘no’). Recent government activity includes measures that help discharge loans for disabled borrowers, places limits on interest rates and can allow public service and nonprofit employees to have their loans forgiven over time.
NCRC is staying on top of the latest information about student loans and will pass on this information to you during our 90-minute webinar. You will know the qualification guidelines for student loan forgiveness. We will cover updates and tools that can help you discuss repayment options and terms with your customers.
Participants will learn:
- How student loan debt impacts your customers.
- Lender and mortgage regulation to calculate student loan debt in loan ratios.
- Brief overview of repayment options and requirements.
- Tools you can use to integrate student loans into your services.
- The latest news about the Biden administration’s changes to the federal student loan system.
Instructor: Sue Ortiz