Online Event Archive Recorded Tuesday, September 29, 2020 –
The federal response to the COVID-19 pandemic has brought renewed national attention to the idea of a guaranteed income as a potential game-changing approach to tackle the nation’s deep economic inequality.
Building on the promising results of the Stockton Economic Empowerment Demonstration, Mayor Michael Tubbs of Stockton, California, has partnered with the Economic Security project to launch Mayors for a Guaranteed Income. The mayors involved with MGI are advocating for a guaranteed income at the local, state and federal level.
- Helaine Olen, Washington Post
- Madeline Neighly, Economic Security Project
- Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba, Jackson, Mississippi
- Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway, Madison, Wisconsin
- Mayor Michael D. Tubbs, Stockton, California