Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Counseling
September 28, 10:00 am EDT - September 29, 3:00 pm EDT
The coronavirus pandemic has impacted our communities like no other disaster in our history. Housing counseling agencies have dealt with major obstacles in helping consumers obtain and maintain housing through the economic shutdown and recovery.
How do you begin to prepare for a natural disaster in the midst of this current pandemic? What are the steps to take after a disaster occurs? Where can you seek help for the residents you serve? These are all questions, among many others, that are being asked during this pandemic and hurricane season, which will all be addressed in this informative and engaging two-day virtual training.
You will learn:
- How to access and utilize various disaster-related resources.
- How to help manage expectations, mitigate further loss and serve as a valuable resource to persons and communities directly or indirectly impacted by disasters.
- How to understand the role housing counselors play in preparing their agency for disaster.
- How to maximize post disaster opportunities to increase your services offered.
- How to work with community stakeholders in preparing for and responding to disasters in our communities.
- How to strengthen your community by helping residents become prepared for other natural disasters while still maintaining “COVID Smart” practices.