National Training Academy
NCRC’s National Training Academy is looking to expand our team of training professionals. We’re currently looking for instructors who are experienced in leading in-person and virtual learning sessions on housing counseling, small business development, fair lending and the Community Reinvestment Act.
The National Community Reinvestment Coalition and its grassroots member organizations create opportunities for people to build wealth. We work with community leaders, policymakers and financial institutions to champion fairness and end discrimination in lending, housing and business.
The National Community Reinvestment Coalition’s National Training Academy offers substantive state-of-the-art training and technical assistance both in-person and online. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive training program to organizations that are on the frontlines of assisting low-wealth households access resources and build assets. We do so by increasing the knowledge and skills of organizations seeking to expand their services in the areas of housing counseling, small business technical assistance and community reinvestment.
NCRC is seeking professionals with an experience in at least one of the following areas;
- National Industry Standards for financial capability
- Homeownership counseling
- Pre- and post-homeownership education
- Foreclosure intervention
- Rental housing counseling
- Credit counseling
- Code of ethics and conduct for homeownership professionals standards
- Leadership development: Grant management, budgets, developing work plans, narratives and relationship management
- Organizational and employee development
- Adult learning and participatory training
- Wealth-building practices in communities of color
- Client engagement and retention
- Trauma-informed care and financial crisis management
- Fraud prevention
- Fair lending laws
- Business development and growth strategy
- Capital procurement and bundling
- Financial coaching for start-ups
- Small business micro-lending
- Loan design and innovation
- Loan program and service delivery
- Collaborate with NTA program management to create and develop new course material.
- Have frequent progress check-ins throughout the course development process and adhere to content development deadlines.
- Meet course delivery standards as outlined by the National Training Academy.
- Confidently deliver coursework in person and/or via Adobe Connect, and Zoom platforms.
INSTRUCTORS WILL LEAD:
- Accelerated Learning Sessions: These 1.5 hour webinars provide high level training to in-field housing counselors.
- Virtual Learning Sessions: Dynamic and intensive multi-day virtual learning sessions that provide classroom style dialogue and peer-to-peer engagement.
- Self-Paced Learning Sessions: Invigorating and rigorous self-paced training modules with integrated learning assessments
- 8 – 10 years as a qualified expert in your field. Industry-specific certifications are preferred.
- Extensive expertise creating content development and must be comfortable delivering course material both in-person and virtually.
- Technology proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite programs. Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in the use of relational databases, spreadsheets, and presentation packages; willingness to learn other computer applications as necessary. Expertise with Zoom, and Adobe preferred.
Desired applicants will be able to provide industry-specific talent development certifications. (e.g. E-Learning virtual training & facilitation, virtual Instructional design certificate, E-Learning instructional Design certificate, managing learning technologies certificate).
Please specify your areas of industry expertise and intended scope of training and development in your submission. Please submit your resume to us at email@example.com by January 31, 2023, with the email titled: “Trainer Application.”
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.